1) Where are you working?
2) How long have you been working there?
3) Did you find it easy to integrate into your work environment?
It was challenging being the inexperienced member of staff . I felt like a student as I needed guidance on particular conditions
4) What are the 3 best things about working in…
5) What are the 3 worst things about working in…
6) Could you work with sports teams while there?
Outside of work its possible to cover sports team as a separate role to acute hospital role
7) Competency questions asked in the interview?
No as it was a locum position and not an official HSE position
8) Tips for interview
Background reading concerning organisation
9) What were the main differences for you between working as a 4th year physio student and a newly qualified basic grade?
Having a full case load , dealing with family and mdt without a
supervisor, dealing with palliative patients and grieving families independently
10) Some difficulties you may have faced when starting work as a basic grade?
Daunting dealing with palliative patients, confidence regarding making
decision if patient is not fit for discharge even though team want to
discharge them, suctioning on a ward where nurses don't routinely suction and physios are the main health care professional who suction
11) Tips for new graduates
Be confident in what you know, don't conceal from staff if you are not experienced with a particular condition